Wednesday, June 8, 2011






THE HEDGE
I woke up this morning to a thump, thump, thump sound. I thought about this for awhile, wondering what my next door neighbor was up to. Then it hit me! Ada County Highway District was true to it's word. Last week ACHD had come to trim the hedge, was a massive project due to a very heavy wet snow, causing our hedge to limp onto the street. What brought them our way was a chip sealing project/ gutter thing.
After generously cutting most of a very ancient, overgrown, wild thing of a hedge, they told me they would get the Ada County Sheriff Corrections Team out to pop out the remaining mess. I'm understating the word "mess".
True to their word it happened this morning!
Five to six men, with huge picks, were hacking away at the hedge roots, completing a massive job in about an hour. Would of taken my husband a good week or so, and big muscle aches.
I was super excited that this was happening!
Blessings come in so many different ways.

1 comment:

  1. How awesome is that? Now you have wide open spaces you can enjoy....and landscape to your hearts content! Go Karen!

    ReplyDelete