Friday, September 16, 2011

DODGE CITY, KS. TO GLENS FALLS, N.Y.



I arrived in Dodge City, KS. August 16th.
The plan is to help my daughter, Mary, get ready to move to up state
New York. A big step up in her career as a Sports Journalist.


I am already having fun! Ha! Ha!


Okay, you may think that the animal pictured on the side of this truck is a Koala Bear (like I did )...but NO, it is an extinct  red furry Panda. Who would of guessed?


Yes, I am behind the wheel of a U-Haul.
Small step for some, but big step for me.
We had to drive about 80 miles to pick this truck up.
Whoa.....

One of Mary's co-workers, Paul, turned out to help.
Plus an "Old Timer" from the apartment complex. Of
course Mary had never seen this old guy before, but he was full 
of excellent advise, seriously!


Paul was a huge help.
His only reward was one glazed donut.


Pretty Dani, also a huge help loading the U-Haul.
Dani is pursuing a Media Career in Sports, but
in a different line then Mary, Broadcast. A strong Christian
young woman,
who is an excellent friend to Mary. 
I know we will see more of her, Love you Dani ..


U-HAUL loaded.

  
Dodge personified. ( Not you Dani ).


Mary's reward to me! Yum Yum!
Whoops, forgot to share.


LOT'S MORE TO COME......

1 comment:

  1. Gosh Karen, you make even moving day look fun! What a daunting adventure. In a good way! Can't wait to hear & see more!

    ReplyDelete